The Bishop Ambassador Program is great way to dip your toes into volunteering at Bishop. The volunteer commitment is minimal but the impact on new families is high. Last year Bishop parent volunteers welcomed nearly 100 new families to our community. Please consider joining the team. We are especially looking for Bishop families with incoming Kindergarteners, or current Kindergarten families.
The program takes place over the summer when Ambassadors contact incoming new families (from all grades, but mostly Kindergarten) to answer questions and share information.
● Give new families and students support and a person they can contact to ask questions
● Create a stronger Bishop community, resulting in a stronger student, family and community bond
● A volunteer team of 'Ambassadors' proactively contacts new families over the summer
● All new families, regardless of grade, are included in the program
● Families are included regardless of point of entry into the school system (e.g., beginning of the year, midyear transfers, etc)
Information for Ambassadors
● The goal is for each Ambassador to be responsible for just a few families. The more Ambassadors we have the better
● Ambassadors are given contact information for their assigned family
● Ambassadors will be provided with a brief script and FAQ to help guide conversations with new families
Please contact us with any questions or if you are interested in joining the Ambassador team. If you already know someone entering Kindergarten next year, please consider being their Bishop Ambassador.
Mary Perry & Heather Bell-Temin
email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
Co-Chairs, Bishop Ambassador Program