Donate To The Bishop ANnUal Fund
The Bishop School PTO funds programs and events to supplement your children's school experience; to support the teachers, school and administration; and, to foster a sense of community with the school. In the past, this has included programs and events, such as:
- Grade-specific and school-wide enrichment programs - Mass Audubon, Habitat: Life Cycles of Frogs; Eyes on Owls: Alaska Wilderness; Motoko, Japanese Storytelling assembly; Museum of Science: Weather, Wind and Water Temperature; Origamido, math and origami workshops; Theatre Espresso: Uprising on King Street Play; Capoeira: Afro-Brazilian Martial Arts, Music, and Dance; and more!
- Buses for field trips
- Online subscriptions for classrooms to support reading, math, spelling, and science
- Classroom supplies - paper towels, sanitizing wipes, glue sticks, tissues, and more
The funds raised come from a variety of sources:
- PTO organized fundraisers, such as the Walkathon, Pumpkin Sale, Read-a-Thon, Bear Fair and others;
- Local and national programs such as the AmazonSmile program; and
- Family support of the PTO Annual Fund
In past years, the PTO has asked Bishop families for a suggested donation of $135/child towards the PTO Annual Fund.
This year, we are once again asking families to consider donating $135/child so that we can continue to support our teachers, classrooms, and students to the best of our ability. We realize there are many challenges facing Bishop families, including economic hardship due to the pandemic, and humbly ask you to consider your own economic situation when making your donation.
Donations to the Bishop PTO Annual Fund can be made in the following ways:
- PayPal - Please click on the PayPal link at the top or bottom of this page, or visit the “Quick Links” section on the Bishop PTO website homepage.
- Check payable to “John A. Bishop PTO” (check can be dropped off at the main office). Please be sure to include your name and address on the check and write "Annual Fund" in the memo.
Thank you for your consideration and support of our fantastic Bishop community! Donations are welcome at any point during the school year but, if possible, we would greatly appreciate that you make your donation by October 29, 2021 for planning purposes and so that we can support our school as soon as possible.
Please note that your annual contribution is tax-deductible and eligible for most company matching grant programs.